Congratulations - you’re about to embark on an exhilarating, yet at moments exhausting, whirlwind journey called parenthood!
With the new addition to the family, your previous natural routines take a very different shape, but you’re not alone.
Reliable and trustworthy post-pregnancy help is available in the form of a childcare program. Think of daycare as a parenting partner that permits time and flexibility to continue working part-time or fulltime, run errands and, well, take a few undisturbed naps.
As you begin to navigate the Internet for facilities in your area, factor in these three necessary characteristics when it comes to providing your new little human with the best daycare possible.
A Safe, Secure Environment
- Safe, age-appropriate equipment, and soft, cuddly toys that are designed to meet your baby's developmental needs.
- Licensed daycares comply with nationwide standards to provide anything from administering medications to guidelines for safe sleeping.
- Seek at least a one-teacher, to four-infant ratio, ensuring Individualized attention for your infant’s unique needs and development pace.
- Enhancing a baby's development while allowing children to explore and learn at their own pace.
- Encourage normal movement as part of baby’s natural progression.
Selecting a well-rounded, educational-focused daycare will provide numerous benefits for your baby as she or he continues growing and learning. It’s a big decision, but with the guidance above, you’ll be able to make a strong decision.
This free checklist is created by Little Lukes Preschool & Childcare Center, a leading Central New York daycare provider with five locations. Little Lukes is an early education program whose credentialed and caring staff specializes in comprehensive infant, toddler and pre-kindergarten development. Additional services include speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy for babies, toddlers and preschool children.
For optimal protection and safety for both students and staff, our facilities include keypad security doors. As a registered daycare center complying with nationwide regulations, Little Lukes creates a secure and engaging environment for children to develop and reach their individual goals.