Little Lukes places a great emphasis on training for our educators.
Required Childcare Center Trainings include:
- Little Lukes Institute
- Mandated Reporter
- Preventing Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Managing Challenging Behaviors
Additional trainings offered by Little Lukes
- TouchPoints: Better understand the development of children and communicate more effectively with parents based on Dr. T. Berry Brazelton's research.
- Conscious Discipline: comprehensive classroom management program based on Dr. Becky Bailey's research.
- Medication Administration Training
- Baby Boot Camp: working in our Little Lukes infant room
- Terribly, Terrific Toddlerhood: working in our waddler & toddler rooms
- Handwriting Without Tears: make handwriting mastery joyful for students & teachers
- CPR & First Aid
- Special Education & Therapy Orientation
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
Additional mentoring and education programs are available at staff trainings held annually. We invest in training our people.
Little Lukes Preschool & Childcare Center staff members are required by OCFS (Office of Children & Family Services) Regulations to complete:
- Minimum of 30 hours of training every 2 years
- 15 hours of such training must be received during the person's first 6 months of employment
- Complete training in 7 topic areas